The hubby and I are planning our five year anniversary trip to Italy this summer. After a very difficult past 6 months, I am a little more than excited about this trip. More like freaking-out-crazy-obsessively-planning-all-details kind of mood. I've been so obsessed about this that I've researched everything from tipping customs in Italy, to buying the Rosetta Stone for Italian, to learning how to get the best prices on the trains, to picking out cute luggage. Today I was looking at passport covers and was astounded at how many options there are. I was overwhelmed with the choices and I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite finds.
1. Passport Cover from MochiThings: This passport comes in a variety of colors and has several pockets to hold other important travel documents. It even includes a pen holder which is perfect for filling out custom papers.
2. PanAm Passport Cover from Wayfair: Who doesn't love the look and feel of the 1960's tv shows PanAm, and Mad Men? This cover gives you the feel of a jet-setter but still is very functional. Made of a durable leather synthetic, it includes 5 pockets on the inside for other forms of id.
3. Tiffany Passport Cover from Tiffany: If you want to travel in style, Tiffany offers a leather passport case that will be sure to catch the attention of fellow travelers. Also has room for one or two small travel documents.
4. Matryoska Dolls Passport from Owlsay Etsy Store: Of course there are some great finds on our beloved Etsy. Not only is this passport a particular fave of mine, but all of Owlsay's items are adorable and there is something for everyone. Plus they can make you matching luggage tags!
5. Classic Penguin Book Passport Cover from Amazon: For the book worm, a faux leather passport cover made to look like a classic book could be just the ticket for you. Comes boxed and you can get matching luggage tags as well.
6. The Places You'll Go Passport Cover from Destination Handmade Etsy Store: Another adorable etsy store provides you with handmade passport covers, and this one is just too cute. With the adorable quote by Dr. Seuss, this hand stitched passport is made of cotton fabric and one of a kind. Each is made to order.
7. Not All Those Who Wander are Lost Passport Cover from Lola Jeans Etsy Store: Etsy does it again, how cute is this canvas passport cover? Handmade, this passport cover also includes pockets on the side for additional id storage. On the front, a J.R.R. Tolkien quote that can be in any color you want.
So many options, it's hard to choose just one! Having just recently traveled to Mexico and did the whole customs thing, I definitely thing durability and functionality are more important than anything else for a cover. Throughout Mexico, I had to show my passport id and having it in a case would make it much easier to find in a backpack or large purse. What do you think, what do you look for in a passport case?